THIS IS AN AWARDED CONTRACT
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Stennis Space Center, MS
Benefits Offered: Life, Dental, Vision, Medical, 401K
Paid Federal Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time
CWU, Inc. is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Department of the Navy.
This position is located within a secure government facility. Applicants must be able to pass federal and state criminal background checks, including the federal Standard Form 86.
General Responsibilities :
- Administrative Assistant shall perform administrative functions to include but not limited to answering phones, transferring calls to appropriate personnel and/or taking messages.
- Administrative Assistant shall be responsible for performing standard secretarial duties (filing, taking phone calls, scheduling of appointments, making travel arrangements, etc.)
- Provide administrative support to the executive staff
- Perform office management responsibilities to include but not limited to: budgeting, personnel record management, payroll
- May be required to work independently on projects requiring research and preparation of briefing charts and other presentation materials.
Minimum Required Skills/Qualifications :
- 2-years’ experience in office management
- Must be able to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must be able to multitask
- Must have outstanding organization and customer service skills
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Must have at minimum a high school diploma or equivalency
- Must be highly motivated with a can-do attitude
- Must be able to adhere to CWU attendance policy: regular and punctual attendance is a must
- Must have working knowledge and experience of MS Office Products, including Adobe Software
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment (printer / fax / scanner / telephone systems / mail machines)
- Must be able to type 40 WPM
- Must have experience or ability to learn DoD/DON software (ASARS, DCPDS, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 50-70 pounds and operate a hand cart and be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must have a valid driver license in good standing and be able to operate a motor vehicle
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
Applicants with an active security clearance and/or experience with DoD/DoN software will be given priority.
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, for employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.