THIS POSITION IS FOR AN AWARDED CONTRACT
CWU Inc. is seeking Sign Language Interpreter services for Dover Air Force Base (Dover, Delaware) on an as-need (ADHOC) basis.
All Sign Language Interpreters must be able to proficiently interpret oral communications for the Deaf and/or Hearing Impaired employees, customers and/or applicants. All Sign Language Interpreters shall use American Sign Language (ASL) and Sign English (SE) to perform interpreting for the Deaf or Hearing Impaired employees and/or applicants.
The Sign Language Interpreters must also be certified by the National Certification Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID) and affiliated with the National Association of the Deaf (NAD).
All parties involved must agree that all information obtained while on assignment(s) is to be kept strictly confidential and shall not be used or disclosed to others after completed assignment(s).
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be registered with the state as a NAD-RID interpreter
- Must adhere to the NAD-RID code of Professional Conduct
- Must maintain certification information (up-to-date)
- Must be able to provide copies of certification information upon request
- Must be flexible with assignments as assignments may run up to thirty (30) minutes past projected completed time
- Must be punctual – arriving NLT 30-minutes prior to the start of assignment
- Must maintain and abide by the rules of protocol, ethics and procedures
- Must be able to maintain professionalism at all times while on assignment
CWU Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.
CWU Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.