THIS IS AN AWARDED CONTRACT
CWU, Inc. is seeking full-time Assistant Site Leads to provide language support to the U.S. Government (CONUS).
Locations of performance may include:
-Ft. Gordon, GA
-Hunter Army Airfield, GA
-Ft. Meade, MD
Assist the TPOM in providing operational, administrative, and management oversight to CWU linguist support operations. The Site Lead (SL) serves as the using unit primary POC on resolving assigned linguist issues, provides for and ensures accountability, and ensures linguists are properly tracking individual time through the timekeeping system. The SL identifies issues to the TOPM that are impacting his assigned sites, linguists, and customers. The SL serves as the CWU staff front line in terms of establishing relationships with the customer and projecting the desired image and capability of CWU.
• Assist the TOPM in providing operational, administrative, and management oversight to all CWU and subcontractor linguists in the assigned area of operation. Effectively manage the day-to-day actions required to ensure CWU is providing top notch linguist service support to the customer in the assigned area of operations.
• Communicate new requirements, concerns and issues to the TOPM as appropriate.
• Ensure that all customer requests for additional linguist support are forwarded to the TOPM.
• Conduct daily meetings with the customer to ensure that expectations are properly managed and that all requirements, as defined in the contract SOW, are met.
• Provide input to reports (Daily, Weekly, and Monthly, for example) as appropriate.
• Coordinate with the customer to support linguist schedules and travel.
• Ensure that appropriate linguist health, morale and welfare requirements are met.
• Ensure that linguists adhere to established customer regulations and standards of conduct.
• Ensure that linguists understand and adhere to work schedule and other administrative and procedure requirements as defined by the customer.
• Top Secret/SCI Clearance required
• 2 – 4 years management experience (civilian or military)
• U.S. Military experience
• Understanding of military customs, courtesies, and procedures
• Computer literate: Strong working knowledge Microsoft Office applications, typing, and composition
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.