THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT / TASK ORDER AWARD.
CWU Inc. is seeking Communication Access Real-Time Translation (CART) services for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing at the Defense Logistics Agency Troop Support in Philadelphia, PA on an as-need (ADHOC) basis.
The CART reporters must possess a minimum of two (2) years’ experience transcribing materials to include training materials in a formal or informal education setting. The CART reporter must possess at least one (1) of the following types of Remote Sign Language Interpreting Services:
- Certified CART Provider (CCP)
- Certified Real-time Reporter (CRR)
- Certified Broadcast Captioner (CBC) in accordance with the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)
The CART reporter will travel to location and provide captioning services on an as-need basis. The captioner will bring his or her own laptop computer and stenography machine. Remote CART is when a trained captioner provides services over the Internet connection from an off-site location. An Agency laptop computer with internet service will be available in the room where the meeting and/or event will take place.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must have at minimum (2) years’ experience transcribing materials
- Must be computer literate
- Must possess one (1) of the three (3) types of Remote Sign Language Interpreting Services (see above)
- Must maintain and abide by the rules of protocol, ethics and procedures
- Must be able to maintain professionalism at all times while on assignment
CWU Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.
CWU Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.