THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Location: Augusta, GA
CWU, Inc. is seeking a Cryptologic Linguist to provide language support to the U.S. Department of Defense.
The Cryptologic Linguist performs tasks required to process voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
- Arabic – Levantine
- Arabic – Yemeni
- Arabic – Iraqi
- Arabic – Maghrebi
- Persian Farsi
- Must have at minimum an ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance
- High School Diploma, General Equivalency Diploma (GED), or equivalent
- Performance at skill level 3 in audio translation and/or text translation (per the ILR Translation and/or Audio Translation skill level descriptions) from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Skill level shall be documented within 2 years prior to resume
- 2 years full-time experience in Cryptologic Operations performing language processing in the required language(s).
- Scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials; recovering essential elements of information; producing gists, translations and transcripts; and compiling and updating operational working aids and
- 1 year of experience translating and/or transcribing, and
- Reporting shall be the primary duty for no more than 1 year of the required 4
- 1 year of experience typing, using English and appropriate foreign language fonts and keyboards.
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.