THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Location: Augusta, GA
CWU, Inc. is seeking a Cryptologic Linguist to provide language support to the U.S. Department of Defense.
The Cryptologic Linguist performs tasks required to process voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
- Arabic – Levantine
- Arabic – Yemeni
- Arabic – Iraqi
- Arabic – Maghrebi
- Persian Farsi
- Must have at minimum an ACTIVE TOP SECRET/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or
- Performance at skill level 3 in both audio translation and text translation (per the ILR [Text] Translation and Audio Translation skill level descriptions) from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American Skill level shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Must have 4 years full-time combined cryptologic language processing, related language, and/or related cryptologic
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials; recovering essential elements of information; producing and performing quality control of gists, translations and transcripts; compiling and updating operational working aids and databases; and drafting intelligence
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related language experience: oral interpretation (from the required language into English and vice versa); written translation (from the required language into English and vice versa); audio translation (from the required language into English); audio transcription in the required language; document exploitation that involves gisting/translation (from the required language into English); and teaching the required
- Cryptologic Experience: Target development; network analysis; speaker identification; language identification; and document exploitation that involves sorting/categorizing/language
- In lieu of the Bachelor’s Degree an additional 4 years of directly related experience may be substituted (8 years total).
- At least 3 of the 4 years’ experience shall be in performing Cryptologic Operations language processing; no more than 1 year shall be in a combination of related language experience and related cryptologic
- At least 3 of the 4 years’ experience shall be in the required language(s)
- At least 2 of the 3 years’ experience in the required language(s) shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and
- At least two years at a ILR level 3 missions/topics in the required language(s).
- 1 year of quality control review of ILR level 3 audio translations and/or text translations.
- Reporting shall be the primary duty for no more than 1 of the required 4 years’
- At least 1year experience mentoring/training junior
- 1 year of experience typing, using English and appropriate foreign language fonts and keyboards.
- All relevant experience must be within the last 2 years.
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.