CWU Inc. is seeking full-time and part-time Flemish translators to provide healthcare language translation into English.
Linguists will be required to transcribe and/or translate source material, provide analysis and reporting of translated foreign language source material.
Description: Linguists shall provide interpretation and translation services as required by the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters, which offers a Certified Medical Interpreter (CMI) credential.
THIS IS AN AWARDED CONTRACT!!
- Provide foreign language support services, including transcription, and translation / interpretation (comprising idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to the SCRL language(s) or vice versa) services in support of military interrogations, intelligence collection, and other operational missions.
- Provide any and all cultural and ethnic context of translations, interpretations, and transcriptions with an expert linguist’s opinion given to the supported organization or agency as to the most likely meaning/intent of terms, phrases, or statements that may have multiple valid interpretations.
- Perform document exploitation, scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents and intercepted data for key information; and must be able to supplement interpretations and translations with information pertinent and specific to professional fields; such as medicine, scientific, engineering, legal, etc. and identify and extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria as well as provide input to reports.
Translation Documents may include:
- Physician treatment notes
- Hospital and Operative summaries
- Physician letters summarizing care
- Emergency treatment
- Laboratory results
- Radiology reports that are component of a medical report
- Must have (2) years’ experience with translation / transcription
- Must have medical knowledge (terms / procedures)
- Native proficiency preferred, not required
- Must be able to pass a language test in Flemish AND English
- Must be computer literate
- Must be a US Citizen
- Able to interpret/translate using colloquial and slang words and phrases.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.
CWU Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.
CWU Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.