Location: Stennis Space Center, MS.
THIS IS AN AWARDED CONTRACT
CWU, Inc. is seeking a full time General Clerk II to provide clerical support to the Department of the Navy.
Clerical work performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence, such as coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file; could involve simple posting to individual accounts, opening mail, calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts, operating basic office equipment, (photocopier, fax, multi-line phone/voicemail systems, mailing machines, and computer programs).
This position requires familiarity with the terminology of the office unit. The General Clerk selects appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or makes simple adaptations and interpretations of substantive guides and manuals. The clerical steps often vary in type or sequence, depending on the task.
Minimum Required Skills/Qualifications:
- 2 years of experience
- Must have current Secret Clearance
- Outstanding organization and customer service skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Must be computer literate with experience on Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook and Excel
- Experience with Adobe
- Experience or ability to learn DoD/DON software (ASARS, DCPDS, etc.)
- 40 WPM typing speed
- Must be able to lift 50-70 pounds and operate a hand cart and be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must have a valid driver license in good standing and be able to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to pass a thorough criminal background, credit and drug screen
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, for employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.