THIS IS AN AWARDED CONTRACT
Position: General Clerk II
Location: Stennis Space Center, MS
Benefits Offered: Life, Dental, Vision, Medical, 401K
Paid Federal Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time
CWU, Inc. is seeking a full-time General Clerk II to provide clerical support to the Department of the Navy.
This position is located within a secure government facility. Applicants must be able to pass federal and state criminal background checks, including the federal Standard Form 86.
General Responsibilities :
- General Clerk II shall perform administrative functions to include but not limited to answering phones, transferring calls to appropriate personnel and/or taking messages.
- Reviewing, coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file.
- Posting to individual accounts
- Opening and filing mail
- Calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts
- Compiling information / data entry
Minimum Required Skills/Qualifications :
- 2-years’ experience in administrative / office support
- Must be able to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background investigation
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must be able to multitask
- Must have outstanding organization and customer service skills
- Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Must have at minimum a high school diploma or equivalency
- Must be highly motivated with a can-do attitude
- Must be able to adhere to CWU attendance policy: regular and punctual attendance is a must
- Must have working knowledge and experience of MS Office Products, including Adobe Software
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to operate basic office equipment (printer / fax / scanner / telephone systems / mail machines)
- Must be able to type 40 WPM
- Must have experience or ability to learn DoD/DON software (ASARS, DCPDS, etc.)
- HR experience is preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift 50-70 pounds and operate a hand cart and be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must have a valid driver license in good standing and be able to operate a motor vehicle
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
Applicants with an active security clearance and/or experience with DoD/DoN software will be given priority.
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, for employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.