THIS IS AN AWARDED CONTRACT!!
CWU Inc. is seeking full-time and part-time German, Italian, French and Flemish translators to provide healthcare language translation into English.
Description: Linguists shall provide interpretation and translation services as required by the National Board of Certification for Medical Interpreters, which offers a Certified Medical Interpreter (CMI) credential. This agency is a division of the International Medical Interpreters Association. Linguists will be required to transcribe and/or translate source material, provide analysis and reporting of translated foreign language source material.
- Provide foreign language support services, including transcription, and translation / interpretation (comprising idiomatic translations of non-technical material using correct syntax and expression from English to the SCRL language(s) or vice versa) services in support of military interrogations, intelligence collection, and other operational missions.
- Provide any and all cultural and ethnic context of translations, interpretations, and transcriptions with an expert linguist’s opinion given to the supported organization or agency as to the most likely meaning/intent of terms, phrases, or statements that may have multiple valid interpretations.
- Perform document exploitation, scan, research, and analyze foreign language documents and intercepted data for key information; and must be able to supplement interpretations and translations with information pertinent and specific to professional fields; such as medicine, scientific, engineering, legal, etc. and identify and extract information components meeting military information requirement list criteria as well as provide input to reports.
Translation Documents may include:
Physician treatment notes
Hospital and Operative summaries
Physician letters summarizing care
Radiology reports that are component of a medical report
- Certified Medical Language Translators and Transcriptionists shall have, at a minimum, two (2) years’ experience as translators of medical technical subjects from, at a minimum, two (2) foreign language certified sources from the SCRL into the target language English (US)
- Familiarity with medical inpatient and outpatient diagnosis, treatment and procedures, i.e., discharge summaries, medical diagnoses, reports of surgery, treatment and tests, prescriptions, patient assessment, therapeutic procedures, diagnosis, and prognosis
- Native proficiency preferred, not required
- Must be computer literate
- Able to interpret/translate using colloquial and slang words and phrases.
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.
CWU, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.