THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Location: Washington DC and other Varied Locations
CWU, Inc. is seeking an Occupancy Planner to provide support to the Facilities Professional Support Services for the FBI.
The Occupancy Planner must possess corporate space planning knowledge and support the Project Management staff through the course of projects. The position requires an individual with the ability to gather, document and interpret the space utilization of the client business units. The Occupancy Planner must effectively operate in a dynamic, fast paced business environment. The individual must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be team-oriented and maintain a positive attitude while providing occupancy and space planning support. The Occupancy Planner must be able to clearly communicate processes, standards and occupancy planning information demonstrating knowledge of responsibilities. This position description provides a baseline of technical areas of the Occupancy Planner; however this list does not restrict performance requested on other related assignments. The general responsibilities of the Occupancy Planner are as follows, to include but not limited to:
- To support occupancy planning with current, accurate, departmental-level occupancy information, maintain the planning database, and capture post-move space assignments.
- Partner with Building Planners, Project Managers, and Project Coordinators in maintaining building occupancy information and providing project support for portfolios.
- Field verify occupancy planning data; perform frequent building walks to evaluate and document current space utilization of departments/areas.
- Maintenance of accurate employee data and building drawings in database.
- Compile quarterly report data; perform headcount/space allocation analyses and provide detailed/accurate report of this information for review.
- Meet with client space contacts to update and maintain space utilization, reorganization updates, and provide project move support.
- Support Workplace Strategy Team in reviewing and maintaining space allocation plans, options and schematic plans.
- Support Project Managers with project details including running reports, gathering data, creating project charters and coordinating project activities as necessary.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets, Pivot tables and PowerPoint presentations to report findings and provide detailed/accurate reporting information to internal team.
- Have working knowledge of AutoCADD and be fully sufficient using Outlook, MS Office, Power Point and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years’ work experience in 2 or more of the following: a) occupancy/space planning, b) facilities planning, c) facility maintenance planning d) project participation in relation to commercial office, manufacturing and/or lab environments.
- Minimum of five years of experience in a corporate environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills, presentation skills and the ability to develop conclusions and recommendations.
- Create reports and deliverable text clearly and comprehensibly.
- Ability to complete tasks and produce deliverables independently.
- Possess working knowledge of CAFM software, space management systems, and relational database functionality.
- Proficiency in reading architectural drawings.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite software applications.
- CAFM database knowledge a plus.
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, for employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.