THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Location: Washington DC and other Varied Locations
CWU, Inc. is seeking a Real Estate Manager – Mid Level to provide support to the Facilities Professional Support Services for the FBI.
The Real Estate Manager – Mid Level oversees and manages portfolios for one or more commercial real estate properties. Builds relationship with all tenants to quickly and effortlessly solve any problems that may arise. Manages tenant satisfaction. Oversee the daily operations of the managed assets. This position description provides a baseline of technical areas of the Real Estate Manager – Mid Level; however this list does not restrict performance requested on other related assignments. The general responsibilities of the Real Estate Manager – Mid Level are as follows, to include but not limited to:
- Responds to tenant needs and coordinates with maintenance, maintains positive relationships with tenants and leasing organizations, respond to all tenant concerns and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Interacts regularly with clients to ensure that objectives are being met, anticipates and responds to client’s needs.
- Plans and budgets for operating and capital expenditures.
- Prepares annual budgets, forecasts, management plans, monthly performance reports and variance reports.
- Performs regular inspections of property, recommends and directs alterations, maintenance and reconditioning of property as necessary, contracts for vendor services and supervises as required.
- Coordinates marketing and leasing, negotiates new leases and lease renewals.
- Works closely with the Assistant Real Estate Manager and Real Estate Manager on projects and management of commercial properties.
- Tracks performance goals and budget.
- Prepares management and pipeline reports and business plans.
- Reviews operating expense statements, ensuring compliance with lease obligations, analyzing costs and calculations, assisting with budgets and rent increases.
- Must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or training.
- Real estate license preferred.
- CPM or RPA professional designation or candidacy preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions.
- Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, organizational policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
Specialty Expertise Qualification (Must qualify in one of the following areas listed):
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economic or other related major; Master Degree preferred.
- Have at least 5 years experience in the specific discipline related to the functional area that the contract staff member will be assigned.
- Must have at least 3 years of Federal Government or Private Industry real estate portfolio analysis and pro forma modeling experience along with real estate market research and analysis experience.
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Excel, and a user of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word.
- Must be proficient in performing financial calculations such as time Value of Money, Annual Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Periodic Amortization, Advanced Commercial Market Research and Analysis (to be conducted on-site at FPSU Office), User cost of Occupancy Analysis, Comparative Lease Analysis, Lease vs. Purchase Analysis, and Sales Leaseback Analysis, using financial calculator and Excel spreadsheets.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Real Estate, Finance, Economics or other related major and at least 5 years experience in the specific discipline related to the FBI program or functional area that the contract staff member will be assigned.
- PMP or CCIM certification is preferred. Must have three years of budgeting and capital planning experience and two years of real estate pro forma modeling for multi-million dollar portfolios are required.
- Must be a Microsoft Excel expert, SharePoint and Microsoft Access user.
- Proficient in performing financial calculations such as time Value of Money, Annual Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Periodic Amortization, Advanced Commercial Market Research and Analysis, (to be conducted on-site at FPSU Office). User cost of Occupancy Analysis, Comparative Lease Analysis, Lease vs. Purchase Analysis, and Sales Leaseback Analysis, using financial calculator and excel spreadsheets.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree. Have at least 5 years experience in the specific discipline related to the FBI program or functional area that the contract staff member will be assigned.
- Must have Microsoft Software Development in SharePoint or Microsoft Solution Associate, SQL or other database development certifications.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Must have 5 years experience in managing Enterprise level of software development, implementation and deployment in government or corporate section. Must possess the skills of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Access, MS SQL Server, SharePoint Business Intelligence and Project Management. Preferred experience in IBM/TRIRIGA/Maxirno.
- Under general supervision, upholds the integrity of real estate portfolio data for assigned portfolio of clients. Inputs, maintains, organizes and reports on information regarding lease dates, dollar values and financial accounting transactions into a lease management software database.
- Prepares, processes, and reconciles accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions to ensure accurate and current lease information is maintained. This position description provides a baseline of technical areas of the Lease Administration Analyst; however this list does not restrict performance requested on other related assignments.
- Assists manager in resolving critical issues for clients by researching and gathering information about payment transactions, lease terms and other relevant items as requested.
- Prepares lease abstracts and edits them for accuracy.
- Edits narratives to support computer generated reports. Provides narratives on monthly variance reports. Provides lease analysis and interpretation of lease information to clients.
- Tracks payables and receivables associated with the leases in portfolio. Processes client rent rolls utilizing the database. Prepares export files and sends to accounting for payables processing.
- Prepares invoices for subtenants, reconciles subtenant accounts, reviews incoming invoices for errors/accuracy with lease document and ensures correct coding.
- Performs annual operating expense reconciliations, monitors audit windows and audit requirements contained in the lease documents.
- Assists manager with preparation and distribution of periodic and ad hoc reports in a timely, accurate manner. Runs standard reports for management review and runs ad hoc reports with assistance. Assists with the design of reports utilizing a variety of software tools.
- Prepares and distributes critical date reports; maintains tickler system for tracking important dates and tasks.
- Creates and maintains client lease files ensuring they contain current, accurate information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or portfolio specific training to co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with Accounting, Finance or Real Estate preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products). Ability to work well under pressure. Advanced organizational skills.
- Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and organizational policies to achieve set results and deadlines.
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, for employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.