THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Location: Washington DC and other Varied Locations
CWU, Inc. is seeking a Real Estate Manager – Senior Level to provide support to the Facilities Professional Support Services for the FBI.
The Real Estate Manger – Senior Level manages all aspects of a single property or portfolio of commercial, industrial or retail properties. Oversees all operations and financial activities. This position description provides a baseline of technical areas of the Real Estate Manager – Senior Level; however this list does not restrict performance requested on other related assignments. The general responsibilities of the Real Estate Manager – Senior Level are as follows, to include but not limited to:
- Responds to tenant needs, ensuring that administrative and building technical staff resolve problems promptly.
- Ensures that services are provided in compliance with policies, procedures, regulations and contractual obligations and standards.
- Ensures periodic regular property inspection.
- Recommends alterations, maintenance, and reconditioning as necessary.
- Contracts for and supervises vendor services as required.
- Coordinates tenant move-ins and move-outs, and “walk-through” spaces with tenants.
- Acts as point of contact with property owners to ensure that objectives are being met.
- Prepares and delivers timely, accurate and complete reports.
- Develops annual budgets for operating and capital expenses.
- Forecasts management plans and prepares monthly performance, explaining variances.
- Prepares all required legal notices.
- Recommends and coordinates legal action as necessary.
- Negotiates early terminations of leases.
- Provides lease analysis for client’s review and approval.
- Documents settlement of and notifies affected parties.
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, organizational policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
- Must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university and a minimum of four to six years of related experience and/or training.
- Real estate license required. CPM or RPA professional designation or candidacy preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyzes, and interprets complex documents.
- Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
Specialty Expertise Qualification (Must qualify in one of the following areas listed):
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economic or other related major; Master Degree preferred.
- Have at least 5 years experience in the specific discipline related to the functional area that the contract staff member will be assigned.
- Must have at least 3 years of Federal Government or Private Industry real estate portfolio analysis and pro forma modeling experience along with real estate market research and analysis experience.
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Excel, and a user of Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word.
- Must be proficient in performing financial calculations such as time Value of Money, Annual Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Periodic Amortization, Advanced Commercial Market Research and Analysis (to be conducted on-site at FPSU Office), User cost of Occupancy Analysis, Comparative Lease Analysis, Lease vs. Purchase Analysis, and Sales Leaseback Analysis, using financial calculator and Excel spreadsheets.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Real Estate, Finance, Economics or other related major and at least 5 years experience in the specific discipline related to the FBI program or functional area that the contract staff member will be assigned.
- PMP or CCIM certification is preferred. Must have three years of budgeting and capital planning experience and two years of real estate pro forma modeling for multi-million dollar portfolios are required.
- Must be a Microsoft Excel expert, SharePoint and Microsoft Access user.
- Proficient in performing financial calculations such as time Value of Money, Annual Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Periodic Amortization, Advanced Commercial Market Research and Analysis, (to be conducted on-site at FPSU Office). User cost of Occupancy Analysis, Comparative Lease Analysis, Lease vs. Purchase Analysis, and Sales Leaseback Analysis, using financial calculator and excel spreadsheets.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree. Have at least 5 years experience in the specific discipline related to the FBI program or functional area that the contract staff member will be assigned.
- Must have Microsoft Software Development in SharePoint or Microsoft Solution Associate, SQL or other database development certifications.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Must have 5 years experience in managing Enterprise level of software development, implementation and deployment in government or corporate section. Must possess the skills of Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Access, MS SQL Server, SharePoint Business Intelligence and Project Management. Preferred experience in IBM/TRIRIGA/Maxirno.
- Responsible for administering a portfolio of leases and the accurate processing of lease obligations, including the abstraction of lease data into a database and adhering to the compliance procedures established for processing and reviewing rent and related lease expenses.
- May be responsible for managing special abstraction projects, performing quality control, training others on lease compliance functions and use of systems and/or databases, and creating and implementing policies and procedures that support best practices.
- Accurately abstract lease data into a lease administration database, adhering to abstraction procedures.
- Interpret and analyze lease issues, escalating to superiors as needed.
- Perform Operating Expense invoice reviews and Desk Top Lease Audits as necessary.
- Process lease related invoices, and variable and recurring rent in accordance with compliance procedures.
- Administer sub-tenant receivable leases, including billing and collection.
- May generate, publish and distribute lease compliance database reports.
- May be responsible for working with the customer, database manager and/or reporting manager to develop reports when assistance is needed.
- Pro-actively track and manage lease related critical dates.
- Interact and communicate professionally with the customer and other real estate team members regarding lease compliance issues and/or database issues.
- May be a point of contact for lease related inquiries and coordination of service and/or information among other real estate teams, landlords and tenants.
- Track lease compliance cost saving recoveries and opportunities.
- May perform periodic database audits and other operational assessments.
- May assist in establishing vendor set-up, as needed.
- May collect Landlord W9 forms, as needed.
- Coordinate Ad hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred, with at least 5 years experience in the specific discipline related to the FBI program or function area that the contract staff member will be assigned.
- Prefer Commercial Lease Management or CCIM Certification
- Must have at least 5 years of commercial, government or General Services Administration (GSA) lease management and analysis experience
- Must have 5 years in experience in lease abstraction and rent audit
- Must possess the skills of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Microsoft Access and Adobe Acrobat and expert skills in Excel
- Prefer experience in Real Estate, lease management, lease audit, and GSA leases
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, for employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.