THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Contract will cover CENTCOM Area of Responsibility with primary locations in Kuwait and Bagdad, Iraq (some travel may be required to various sites located throughout the CENTCOM AOR)
CWU is seeking Task Order Area Managers (TOAMs) to manage linguist operations in the CENTCOM area of operations (AOR). The TOAM oversees functions associated with the administration, safety, health and welfare, and management of linguistic support services to the United States military and/or coalition forces. The Task Order Area Manager directly manages, coaches, trains, and mentors, subordinate managers. The TOAM coordinates with principal staff directors to coordinate functional area requirements. Responsible for providing a current listing of linguist personnel assigned to their areas of responsibilities, and to which units those linguists are assigned to the RA/ACOR/COR upon request.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining accountability of assigned staff and linguists in proprietary accountability system. Oversee assigned staff’s daily accountability procedures. Perform spot checks and monitor all reporting functions of assigned staff. Maintain accountability of all assigned CFE and GFE throughout region.
- Responsible for monitoring, approving and quality control checks for employee time keeping functions in assigned region.
- Provide ad hoc, daily, and weekly SITREPs along with activity reports as required. Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Oversee performance counseling throughout assigned area to include quarterly translation assessments, annual performance evaluations, and written counseling statements.
- Train and mentor all assigned staff. Provide day-to-day guidance to subordinates.
- Conduct periodic site visits throughout assigned AOR to visit with military and government POCs, staff, and linguists.
Minimum Required Skills/Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field OR Equivalent Education Qualification:
- 20-year career in Military (retired at E7 or higher level) OR DAWIA Level II Project Management certification
- Experience: 12 years of management experience, including 5 years of supervisory experience within the last 10 years.
- Skills: Has the communication skills to effectively interface with senior military officials, managers, and subordinates.
- Experience managing large groups of linguist (100+).
- Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI – TS/SCI Required
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, for employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.