THIS POSITION IS PENDING CONTRACT AWARD
Location: Washington DC and other Varied Locations
CWU, Inc. is seeking a Workplace Program Manager to provide support to the Facilities Professional Support Services for the FBI.
The Workplace Program Manager functions as a furniture, data, and utilities integration manager for projects in the FLSD portfolio. The Workplace Program Manager will assist the project manager and client with oversight and overall management of furniture, data, and utilities integration for each project. Functional responsibilities will be that of a Project Manager with a technical knowledge of workplace integration, construction trades, and facility maintenance. This position description provides a baseline of technical areas of the Workplace Program Manager; however this list does not restrict performance requested on other related assignments. The general responsibilities of the Workplace Program Manager are as follows, to include but not limited to:
- Attend regular and special project meetings as required. Meetings may be at the project site or nearby offices. Meetings may be in person, conference calls or video teleconferences.
- Assist in the creation and updating of project reports and communications on regular schedules and as needed to support special requests. Reports/communications will include all project information related workplace integration. Reports/communications may include charts and pictures.
- Provide overall project management functions to include monitoring and controlling portions of the project and communicating across all project stakeholders, supporting project managers in initiating the project, planning the project, executing the project and closing the project
- During the design phase provide design technical reviews regarding workplace integration management, code compliance reviews, constructability reviews, site investigations and site surveys, scheduling, review of design scope changes, leading/attending design review meetings, and assisting client offices with phasing and move planning as needed to support the project.
- During the construction phase monitor and control all utility installation activities that will support workspace integration of furniture, video teleconferencing, locks and alarms, data, phone, etc. Coordinate activities of government service providers regarding workplace integration. Coordinate installation of service provider utilities with furniture layout and function.
- During the occupancy phase perform pre occupancy checks, inspect furniture and utilities for accurate installation and proper function. Assist occupants with review and acceptance of space. Assist with developing and implementing move-in and move-out plans, provide move coordination and relocation assistance, provide coordination and oversight of client installed systems and equipment such as furniture, phones, cabling, IT systems, locks and alarms.
- During the project close out phase perform post occupancy evaluations, assist with preparing lessons learned, file and archive all project information such as documents, specifications, drawings and other types of information, assist with transitioning the project over to the office responsible for the long term management of the space.
- Physical Abilities – The duties and tasks involved in this position may require some physical exertion, such as bending and twisting, climbing, pulling, pushing, carrying, crawling into tight space or other effort. The main duties and tasks involved in these jobs are usually performed sedentary in indoor environment.
- Must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI security clearance
- Professional degree in a technical discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience related to tenant workspace fit-out is required.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools required.
- Must be knowledgeable of construction disciplines, to include civil, architectural, mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering and information technology principles.
- Broad-based understanding of project management with strong planning, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Capable of independent decision making, possess a high degree of individual initiative, and be able to function with no supervision.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of US Government Secured Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) construction.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with strong leadership, project management, team building and presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership and team management.
CWU, Inc. is an industry leader, providing professional services including but not limited to: training specialists, linguists and field subject matter experts, in addition to operational and training support customers in the defense, intelligence, Homeland Security, federal, civil and commercial sectors.
CWU, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and is strongly committed to all policies which will afford equal opportunity employment to all qualified persons without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, race, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, for employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Revised 1992, and the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required for these positions.